Centering Lived Expertise: Supporting Culturally-Specific and Victim Service Provider Access to HUD FY23 Notice of Funding Opportunity Continuum of Care Funds
The original presentation was August 3rd, 2023:
The Domestic Violence and Housing Technical Assistance Consortium (DVHTAC) is inviting survivors, DV/SA coalitions, culturally-specific and victim service providers, homeless service providers, and Continuums of Care to an informational panel discussion that highlights how we can create cross system partnerships with CoCs to address the unique, trauma-informed needs of DV/SA survivors from the state to local levels. It is designed for organizations interested in applying for the FY23 HUD Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition.
The webinar will:
- Discuss the importance of participating in your local Continuum of Care;
- Discuss how to develop a well-designed CoC DV housing and coordinated entry project;
- Provide tips and best practices to increase access for culturally-specific and rural communities to HUD CoC housing programs;
- Discuss how to build effective partnerships with local CoCs, Domestic and Sexual Violence coordinating councils, and state domestic and/or sexual violence coalitions to increase access for survivors; and
- Provide updates on the FY2023 HUD NOFO process
Please visit HUD's website and read the Continuum of Care Program Competition here.
Presenter and Moderator:
- Dfox, Deputy Director, Housing Policy and Practice, National Network to End Domestic Violence
- Sharlena Powell, Expertise in Survivor Autonomy, @BLISS (Better Living in Innovative Sufficiency and Sustainability)
- Maria Williams, Director of Housing, Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Alexandra Cantrell, Housing Advocacy and Policy Manager, Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Tara Ulrich, Housing Advocacy Specialist, Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Lori Sywensky, Executive Director, Turning Point of Lehigh Valley, Inc.
- Kenoa Askerneese, Transitional Housing Director, Turning Point of Lehigh Valley, Inc.
- Nicole Amabile, Executive Director, Arise of Lawrence County
- Erin Brand, Director of Residential Services, Arise of Lawrence County