DVHTAC COVID-19 Special Topic Series: Hotel Vouchering Spotlight on Iowa Programs
In ordinary times, many victim services programs use hotel and motel stays to stretch capacity, accommodate households who need to opt out of community shelter models, and as a bridge to imminent shelter openings. How can hotel and motel stays be effectively employed during the COVID-19 pandemic? This webinar features presenters from Iowa programs who are using this strategy as part of their pandemic response.
- Ashley Odom, Family Resources
- Kelley Schmitz, Friends of the Family
- Jodie Schmidt, Friends of the Family
The special topic series is designed to give advocates a chance to learn more about the available housing options for survivors, ask questions, process issues, and provide mutual support on the impact of the COVID-19 virus in safe housing programs.
- Webinar Slides: DVHTAC COVID-19 Special Topic Series: Hotel Vouchering Spotlight on Iowa Programs
- Fact Sheet: Resources to Address the Housing Needs of Survivors in the CARES Act
- Sample Policy: Family Resources Sample COVID-19 Policy and Preparedness Plan
- Guidance: Using Hotels to Meet Survivors’ Immediate Safety and Housing Needs