Housing Access for Survivors in Communities of Color
Women of Color Network, Inc. (WOCN), Safe Housing Partnerships & United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) is hosting a teleconference to discuss promising practices, challenges, and solutions to accessible, safe, short and long-term housing for survivors, women of color, and their families.
- Jaya Suresh, Maitri, Santa Clara County, CA
- Angela Parker, Jenesse Center, Inc., Los Angeles, CA
- Sahaan McKelvey, Self Enhancement, Inc., Portland, OR
- Aarti Subramanian, Asian Americans for Community Involvement, San Jose, CA
- Devika Shankar, LGBT Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Marta Pereira, Enlace Comunitario, Albuquerque, NM
- Debbie Fox, National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV)
- Veronica Mills, United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH)
This teleconference will be an exchange of information. This is an opportunity for programs serving communities of color to learn and share ways to address homelessness and improve housing accessibility. This is also an opportunity for TA providers and funders to hear first line responders articular the specific needs of survivors and communities of color.