What Survivor Advocates Should Know about the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program: Pt. 3 of 4
This webinar will offer strategies to address common housing obstacles that survivors face, including evictions, emergency transfers, admission denials, and lease bifurcations in LIHTC units. The webinar will provide an overview of housing protections for survivors applying for and living in LIHTC units. Presenters will discuss survivors’ housing rights under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and related laws. They will also briefly cover protections for tenants under federal and local eviction moratoriums.
- Webinar Slides: Housing Protections for Survivors in Low Income Housing Tax Credit Units
- National Housing Law Project VAWA Brochure (English and Spanish)
- Housing Q&A for Survivors of Domestic and Sexual Violence during COVID-19
- Advocacy Flowchart for Requesting LIHTC VAWA Emergency Transfers
- Sample VAWA Emergency Transfer Request Form for LIHTC Properties